Vehicle Inspection Report
It’s no secret, out-of-service violations have a negative impact on driver safety, as well as a fleet’s productivity and bottom line. The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) recently reported that the number of out-of-service violations rose for the second year, with at least one in seven vehicles failing inspection. In addition, 3,248 trucks were placed out of service for brake-related violations, or 15.3% of the 21,255 trucks inspected.
The Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR) application helps fleets monitor their vehicles and trailers in real time to prevent expensive breakdowns and avoid costly out-of-service violations, which negatively impact CSA maintenance scores.
With all the compliance issues these days, you are running a risk if you still maintain paper logs.
Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports Application
Our Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) is a simple, cost-effective, closed-loop process for automating vehicle inspection reports. Processing and storing driver vehicle inspection reports on paper is costing your company time and money. Our Vehicle Inspection Report application eliminates paper DVIR’s and makes it easier for drivers to record pertinent inspection information.
Your company will save money, increase accuracy and completeness, and improve reporting, compliance, and defect resolution with our simple and affordable closed-loop process for vehicle and trailer inspection reports.
Vehicle Inspection Report Benefits & Features
If your fleet uses Hours of Service in addition to our Vehicle Inspection Report application you can completely eliminate the need and expense of using paper log books.
Save your fleet money. Easy access to centralized information eliminates the need for and processing of paper vehicle inspection reports.
- Stores vehicle and trailer inspection reports electronically with 24/7/365 access via any Internet connection.
- 90 day history of vehicle inspection reports.
- Maintains current VIR’s on mobile units.
Reduce errors and more efficiently manage the defect resolution process.
- Email alert is sent when VIR’s with defects are submitted for tractors and trailers.
- The dashboard displays the number of VIR’s with defects in addition to total units without a recorded VIR in the past 24 hours.
- Notifies drivers when VIR’s are updated and closed by the maintenance department.
- Records feedback and remediation history on VIRs with identified defects.
- Provides separate inspection forms for trailer and vehicle.
- Includes relevant time, driver, and vehicle data on each DVIR.
- Focuses on the critical inspection elements and requirements identified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Utilize the search, edit, data exporting, and printing capabilities.
- Allows printing or exporting of individual VIRs as well as reports.
- Allows searching of VIRs by equipment type, driver, open/closed status, and date range.
Control user access and editing capabilities within your fleet.
- Requires drivers to log in to access VIRs.
- Lets you control who can view, update, and assign VIRs.
- Allows VIR access through Hours of Service interface or as a stand-alone application.
GPS Fleet Tracking Solution
Help Protect Your Drivers
Get Started Now!
(855) GPS-GPS-1 – Toll Free
(855) 477-4771 – Toll Free
Call now or request a sales representative to contact you.